- How to Protect Yourself & Others
How to Protect Yourself & Others
Stop the Spread, Kansas
Testing plays a critical role in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Get tested so that you can know before you go visit your loved ones. Find your nearest COVID-19 testing location.
Reduce Your Risk
The best way to prevent COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Take the following steps to minimize your risk:
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Distance yourself from others when in public, especially if you are a senior or have a medical condition that puts you in a high-risk category.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth mask when in public. Learn more about children and masks. KDHE recommends wearing a mask that fits snuggly around the nose, mouth and chin and has multiple layers of fabric. Alternatively, a thinner disposable mask may be worn underneath a cloth face mask to improve the fit.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue. Throw the used tissue away and immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily -- including phones, keyboards, doorknobs, handles and light switches – with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Get tested regularly! View KDHE Testing Recommendations.